Due to recent updates regarding COVID-19 protocols from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the City of Wichita, we are sharing information about changes to our policies and revising our Visitor Code of Conduct. We want all WAM visitors to have a safe, respectful, and enjoyable museum experience, and we are adjusting our COVID-19 procedures in light of new government guidelines. These changes are effective today (7/2/2021):
- Museum visitors who have been fully vaccinated by one of the approved COVID-19 vaccines, and are not otherwise at risk, are no longer required to wear a mask within City of Wichita facilities, including the museum.
- Museum visitors who have NOT been vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks while in the museum in compliance with CDC and OSHA guidance.
- ALL museum visitors who are more comfortable wearing a mask are encouraged to do so. WAM supports any visitor’s choice to continue to wear a face covering, regardless of vaccination status.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will still be encouraged while inside the museum.
- Masks are required for City of Wichita employees and contractors while inside the museum, regardless of vaccination status. All WAM staff, regardless of vaccination status, will continue to wear masks while in public spaces.
- ALL children attending Art Start sessions are required to wear a mask.
- Certain safety protocols remain in place at WAM, including the availability of hand sanitizer to visitors and continued cleaning and sanitation of high-contact places, including door handles and stair railings.
WAM encourages all museum visitors to be vigilant in seeking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 wherever possible, and we urge every visitor who hasn’t yet received the COVID-19 vaccine to do so.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate this global pandemic. This is a key transition chapter in a longer historic moment.