Bernard, David E.
148 x 65 1/4 x 56 inches
Wichita Art Museum, Gift of the Wichita Council of Camp Fire Girls
Not Currently on Display
About the Artwork
David Bernard, print maker and sculptor, accepted a position on the Wichita State University art faculty in 1949. Before he retired as Professor of Art in 1983, he supervised a fully equipped lithography and etching studio as well as a highly competitive graduate program.
Bernard’s sculptural commissions can be seen in Wichita on the grounds of the Wichita Art Museum (Tree), in Miller Auditorium in the Duerksen Fine Arts Center on the Wichita State University campus, and in the auditorium of the Irene Vickers Baker Children’s Theatre.
The Tree was a commission by the Wichita Council of Camp Fire Girls in 1961. The dedication ceremony commemorated the 50th anniversary of Camp Fire Girls, Inc.