The Development Associate at the Wichita Art Museum (WAM) supports all fundraising and membership functions and donor/member appreciation event activities, including planning and logistics, corporate sponsorships, registration, and other duties as assigned. The position entails working closely with museum patrons, members, vendors, volunteers, and visitors. It requires handling numerous details for multiple projects and events in a fast-paced museum environment.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist in developing and implementing cohesive organizational strategies that build capacity and stability
- Perform general administrative tasks
- Coordinate the grants calendar: monitor submission deadlines and reporting requirements
- Collaborate with grant writer and Director of Development to develop and prepare grant proposals and reports
- Coordinate identification and solicitation of event and in-kind sponsors
- Assist writing letters, collateral material, reports, and other items as necessary
- Edit, print, stuff, stamp, and mail solicitation letters
- Create and review reports and spreadsheet used for gifts, membership, and sponsorships with completeness and accuracy
- Track pledges and send out invoices
- Schedule and track RSVPs for meetings, lunches, dinners, and events as requested
- Procure, wrap, and distribute host and patron member gifts
- Assist with Murdock Society trip coordination
- Assist with coordination for Murdock Society events and other patron events
- Assist with correspondence related to members, member renewals, and coordinate members-only events
- Friends of the Wichita Art Museum Liaison
- Other duties may include filing, mail distribution, buying postage, and running errands
- Completion of work assignments may require operation of a vehicle
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, employees, the board of trustees, and the public.
- Ability to maintain a strict sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- An employee will not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Training:
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic and considerable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude. Must be able to attend weekend and evening events to assist staff and serve as a WAM representative and have flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience with Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database software is a plus. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Museum or cultural organization experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education or experience may be considered. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of a criminal record check.
To submit an application, email 1) a cover letter outlining qualifications, relevant experience, and current salary, 2) resume, and 3) three references with contact information to Kourtney Carson, director of development: email@example.com. The Wichita Art Museum, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.